- 2021/2022 Middle School Road Through Confirmation
September 15, 2021 - April 28, 2022
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
MEDICAL/PHOTO RELEASE FORM: PLEASE CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD FORM; COMPLETE, THEN RETURN TO THE OFFICE FOR YOUR REGISTRATION TO BE COMPLETE!
Your child will not be placed in a small group or go on a retreat until payment and a medical form have been received. If you are in need of financial assistance, please do not hesitate to contact Michael Carmack.
We at King of Kings believe that growing in faith is a lifelong journey. It’s a journey that starts when we enter into formal education in Pre-K and winds its way through Middle School, High School and beyond.
Classes meet on Wednesday evenings September-April, times TBD.
Education for 6th-8th Grade for the 2021/2022 school year will include:
6th Grade is a Foundational Year: In-between Concrete & Abstract Thinking
• Prayer: Practices
• Martin Luther & history of Lutheranism
• Small Catechism: Lord’s Prayer, 10 Commandments, Apostle’s Creed, & the Sacraments
• Bible Structure: plot overview, authors, how to use resources
Early Bird Cost: $40 (Beginning June 1: $55)
7th-8th Grade is for Deeper Exploration: What does it mean for me?
• Deep Dive into Old & New Testament characters/books & how to read different books (history, poetry, prophets, letters)
• Faith, Life & Culture: Religions & Denominations, Death & Dying, Bible and Science
• Relationships – parents, friends
• Jesus: daily life, miracles
Early Bird Cost: $115 (Beginning June 1: $130)
Explanation of cost: The fee includes the cost of an overnight retreat, which are typically offered in February and May. Students are expected to attend ONE of the retreats; the same material will be covered at each retreat. Registration for the retreat will be open later.
Middle School Leaders Needed for Wednesday Evenings
We are in need of volunteers to be Small Group Leaders for our middle school Wednesday night classes! If enough volunteers are found, each small group will have approximately 12 students with 2 adult leaders. No experience in teaching is necessary—the lessons will be sent out ahead of time and are already prepared with Bible readings, discussion questions, and activities—all that is needed is the desire to build relationships with our youth. Whether you are definitely interested or just want to chat to find out more, contact Michael Carmack. Volunteers are the core of our middle school ministry!