High School Ministries
We here at King of Kings believe that growing in faith is a lifelong journey. It’s a journey that starts when we enter into formal education in Pre-K and winds its way through Middle School, High School and beyond.
9th Grade Orientation is Sunday, September 16 at 5:00 p.m. Click here to register for 9th Grade Road Through Confirmation.
Please click here for full details on our 9th Grade program.
- October 27/28, 2018
- October 26/27, 2019
- Current Group: Tuesdays at 7:00 p.m. in the Youth Room.
Each year, King of Kings grants one-time financial scholarships to incoming undergraduates who are qualified and deserving applicants attending a four-year college or university affiliated with the ELCA. For additional information or questions, email Kelsey Battleson. For a full list of ELCA colleges and universities and more information about them, visit https://www.elca.org/Our-Work/Leadership/Colleges-and-Universities.
Click here to download the ELCA College Scholarship Application for 2019.
- Student Leadership Team – Organizes high school events, does outreach to new middle school and high school students at King of Kings events and retreats, and assists with leading portions of Sunday Night Refuel. Meets 2x/month on Sundays at 5:30pm. Contact Kelsey.
- Children, Student, and Family (CSF) Team – Adults and students make up this team that works with CSF Staff to give input on faith formation opportunities at King of Kings directed towards those in the first third of life. Team meets 6x/year on first Monday at 6:30pm. Contact Kelsey.
- High School Connection Group Leaders & Assistants – Students are partnered together or with another adult to help guide conversations with 9th grade and High School connection groups. Contact Kelsey.
Leadership Personality Assessment
Talents and Performance Activity
Godly Leadership 9th Grade Workshop Make Up
Loss & Grief Workshop
Loss & Grief 9th Grade Workshop Make Up
9th Grade Retreat
9th Grade Retreat Make Up
Lutheran Colleges and Universities
- If you are looking into a private liberal arts school, consider a Lutheran Campus! Kelsey would love to get your more information and help connect you with a college campus experience that supports your faith growth.
Connect With Us
Please call or email if you have questions, concerns or would like more details!
High School/Young Adult Coordinator
Click here for highlights from
the 2018 Houston Gathering