High School Ministries
King of Kings offers a foundational learning experience that prepares our students not only for their Confirmation day when they stand up in front of the church and confirm their faith in Jesus, but beyond. From Pre-K through 12th Grade, we believe that all these years are an important part of our faith formation.
- Connection Groups
9th Grade students meet primarily in small connection groups made up of their peers and a couple adult leaders. Connection groups offer deeper relationships and a more in-depth look at topics. These connection groups meet a few times each month, based on days and times that their schedules allow. Groups, with the help of their leaders, will choose from a small library of options including video and book studies.
9th Grade students will sign up for TWO of the four workshop options offered during the year. Parents are expected to attend workshops with their students.Workshops are an opportunity for families to dig into faith experiences and conversations together and to help bring the conversation home.
Students will also attend one of two weekend retreats offered during the year on the topic: What do I believe?The cost of the retreat is included in the registration fee. Retreats offer a longer time frame to explore what we’ve learned about God and our faith, and give us the opportunity to get out of our comfort zones to meet new people, have fun, and think more deeply about what we believe.
- October 29/30, 2016
- October 28/29, 2017
- October 27/28, 2018
- October 26/27, 2019
- Current Group: Thursday at 7:00 p.m. at Kelsey’s house.
- Student Leadership Team – Organizes high school events, does outreach to new middle school and high school students at King of Kings events and retreats, and assists with leading portions of Sunday Night Refuel. Meets 2x/month on Sundays at 5:30pm. Contact Kelsey.
- Children, Student, and Family (CSF) Team – Adults and students make up this team that works with CSF Staff to give input on faith formation opportunities at King of Kings directed towards those in the first third of life. Team meets 6x/year on first Monday at 6:30pm. Contact Kelsey.
- High School Connection Group Leaders & Assistants – Students are partnered together or with another adult to help guide conversations with 9th grade and High School connection groups. Contact Kelsey.
Leadership Personality Assessment
Talents and Performance Activity
Godly Leadership 9th Grade Workshop Make Up
Loss & Grief Workshop
Loss & Grief 9th Grade Workshop Make Up
9th Grade Retreat
9th Grade Retreat Make Up
Lutheran Colleges and Universities
- If you are looking into a private liberal arts school, consider a Lutheran Campus! Kelsey would love to get your more information and help connect you with a college campus experience that supports your faith growth.
Connect With Us
Please call or email if you have questions, concerns or would like more details!
High School/Young Adult Coordinator