Young Adult & College
After graduation, many of our young adults choose to move away from home and their church family to attend college or pursue other dreams. Our Young Adult Ministry strives to keep students connected to their church home no matter where they may go, and continue encouraging them along their faith journey. Along with regular check-ins throughout the year, individuals have the chance to take part in leadership, service and fellowship events, day retreats, and other opportunities to strengthen their faith with others the same age.
Starting College, Transferred, or Recently Graduated? If you are starting college, transferred schools, or just recently graduated, contact Kelsey to update your information. New students can sign up to receive email updates and notices about upcoming activities, prayer partner connections, and care packages in the link below to join in on the fun!
- Youth Gathering
- September 30 – Young Adult Service Opportunity with Cookie Cart
- Fall – ELCA Youth Gathering Adult Leader Opportunity
- Deadline to apply is October 15th, 2018. Applicants must be 21+ at the time of the Gathering (June 24-July 2).
- December/January – Young Adult Game Night @ King of Kings (Date TBD)
- Bring your friends, make new ones, and reconnect with old friends who are home from college over a board or card game, a cup of coffee or cocoa, and lots of laughs!
- April – Young Adult Service Opportunity (Date TBD)
If you are an adult interested in reaching out to and connecting with a college student each month to lift them up in prayer and let them know that they’re being thought about back at King of Kings, contact Kelsey Battleson. Each month you’ll receive some new ideas for conversation starters and devotions you can try together. It’s a great and easy way to meet some of our younger congregation members and share the love of Christ with them, as well as strengthening your own prayer time and connection with God!
If you are looking for a church or ministry near your campus, Kelsey would love to help get you connected! Contact her and check out this referral tool from Lutheran Campus Ministries in the meantime: http://lumin-networkreferral.org/sites/
Connect With Us
Please call or email if you have questions, concerns or would like more details!
High School/Young Adult Coordinator